1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed, not happy with new 434hd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leedsfireman, Apr 3, 2004.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, i've just got a 434hd after 'upgrading' from a panny 4 series.
    The pic quality is, i'm sorry to say, is worse than my old plasma.
    I'm using Sky connected with Qed squart, HK 30 with Qed component. Am i missing some thing cause i thought the pio would be a better disply being a higher res.
    Also i know the fan noise is slightly noticable but occationally it makes a noise like a hard drive from a computer is this normal.
    I made the change mainly due wanting a plasma that should last for a while ie hdmi & HD res, any advice in setting it up pleeze.:confused:

PS. Also is it possible to adjust screen with & depth, not just move the position of screen in the set up menue, as according to the THX calibration discs it needs to.

2. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    have you got sky plugged in to scart 1 and have you set it up for rgb on the pioneer have you run it in yet as mine got better after about 2 - weeks

What fan noise i thought the pioneers where fan as i have never heard mine make any fan noise at all :confused:

Picture quality on mine is very good on most channels but as the old saying goes Sh*t in sh*it out so some of the lower band width channels are ok
    hope this helps