Help Needed ! No Sound On Teco LCD & XBOX 360 via VGA ?!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jlgmax, Jan 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jlgmax

jlgmax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just took delivery of a Teco TL3291RW TV from Ebuyer.

Got it all set up OK - pics from XBOX 360 via component and VGA look good on initil impressions, but I cant seem to get any audio output when hooking up via VGA ?

The audi port on the TV which is marked as "PC Audio" is only a single 3.5mm jack port - the audio leads on my XBOX 360 VGA cable are the red and white ones !

Ive tried the red and white ones in all of the red/white ports on the TV but none of them seem to work.

Has anyone got this particular model up and running with a 360 (with audio !) via the VGA port ?

Thanks !

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
  3. jlgmax

jlgmax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Andy98765,

The XBOX 360 VGA cable has the Microsoft proprietary connector at the console end, and a 15 pin VGA connector alongside seperate left and right red/white phono leads with male connectors at the TV end.

Quite how the 3.5mm male - twin phono male cable which you posted a link to is meant to connect to the male phono connectors on the XBOX 360 VGA lead would indeed appear to be rocket science....

If the answer to the question is "You need a further adaptor for the XBOX 360 VGA cable - female phono to male 3.5mm jack - then my follow up question is.... will this cause a degradation in audio quality ?

The reason for my original question is that I have owned 3 LCD TVs previously, all of which would accept the twin phono lead audio input directly from the VGA cable.

4. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    you need one of these here the "official" ms VGA cable comes with one, I use it and the sound is excellent.

Curly

5. jlgmax

jlgmax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats great thanks for the info Curly.