1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed!! mounting plasma to studded wall?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by loxster, Aug 20, 2005.

1. loxster

loxster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    is there anyone out there who can give me ideas on how to mount a 37pv500 to my false wall safely?

i thought maybe i could take a section of the wall out and reinforce the spars,when the skirting bds are removed i can see where the down spars are,so maybe with a bit of luck if these happen to be in the right place for the bracket i could fasten directly into them!is this going to be strong enough?
    ive been advised that because the weight is spread over a large area and it is hanging weight(much like kitchen wall units when full)i should be ok.
    surely a fully loaded wall unit(pots+pans etc)will weigh as much if not more than the plasma?
    as you can see im in a bit of a dilemma,floor stand/pedestal arnt options, its got to be wall mounted.

please help!!!!

thanks loxster :lease:

2. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Loxster
    I've not done this,mine is mounted on brick,but I have seen many threads on precisely this subject.I'm not trying to be unhelpful,but if you search this forum for 'stud wall' you will find many helpful threads.
    Regards
    Ian

3. morganog

morganog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my 42pv500 is mounted on a stud wall with no probs at all.
    my wall mount is only screwed into one stud in three holes and the other holes are fixed with spring wing fixings

4. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    I am in the process of doing this at the moment and should be finished tonight (if my wall bracket arrives in time).
    I am sure moranogs mothod above will be more than sufficient but for paice of mind, I have removed a section of plasterboard the same sise as the mounting bracket and replaced it with plywood which spans over two studs. The wall bracket will then be screwed directly into this. I am sure this is overkill but I remember after mounting my projector on the ceiling I put a big pile of cushions under it for this first couple of nights. I think I am just paranoid about my expensive equipment hitting the floor.

5. loxster

loxster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks sandman,
    youve done a similar thing that id thought about- i was going to take a section of the plasterboard out and replace with 18-20mm mdf( or something as solid) hopefully i could fasten this to at least 2 of the down spars(putting as many screws as possible into these) maybe if im lucky enough i could drop the cables down while the hole is visible and make a smaller hole centrally below the screen for the cables to come out of to connect to my kit!
    like i keep refering to....i will need luck!!!!!!!!!
    this should hold it dont you think?
    loxster.