1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed in mounting a pj to a 45 degree ceiling

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Kax, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Kax

Kax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I'm getting my Marantz VP-12S4 by the end of the week and I still haven't found a good solution for mounting it on my ceiling.
    I want to "hang" it from a beam, which is at a 45 degree angle relative to the floor, at about 1.3 m. straight below that beam. The pj weighs about 13 kg's.
    Does anyone know of any (ready-made) solution with which I can safely mount this pj to that beam? Most solutions I found so far, are either too short, or can't be angled far enough.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    TIA,

Kax

2. theendisnye

theendisnye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you thought of making a wedge so that you can then use a standard support, effectively ending up with the 'ceiling' back at 90 degrees or thereabouts?

Steve

3. Kax

Kax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve for your reply.
    Yes I have thought about making a wedge, but the problem is that the wedge will have to be attached to the beam and the pj to the wedge. Since this will result in 6 to 8 holes in the wedge (standard supports usually are attached with 4 screws/bolts), I wouldn't feel comfortable using wood, because I'm afraid that (especially on the thin end of the wedge) the wood will split.
    A metal wedge would be the answer, but I don't have a welder.
    That's why I'm hoping someone knows of some ready-made solution, or perhaps another solution I haven't thought about yet.
    Thanks anyway for thinking with me,

Kax

4. dotcomslashnet

dotcomslashnet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    www.unicol.co.uk - they will help if you can't find a suitable bracket from their range.
    Hope this helps, Keith

6. Kax

Kax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Keith,

Their tilting ceiling plate looks just the ticket. Only problem is that the columns that go with it are either too short or too long, and it doesn't look like they can simply be cut to the right lenght. I'm going to try to find out if it's possible to order a custom length.
    Meanwhile, everybody: keep the good ideas coming.
    Thanks again,

Kax