1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed in locating a Wim Wenders film on DVD please?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Apr 8, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Can anyone help me out here please?

In 1991, Wim Wenders directed a rather obscure and offbeat Sci-fi/road movie called "Until The End Of The World".

Now, when originally released in the UK, it ran for 179 minutes, with the first half-hour in French, but with no English subtitles.

Then, it was re-released, about a month later, minus this opening half-hour, which reduced the time to about 158 minutes. This same version, is airing on Channel 4 tonight.

However, looking at the Internet Movie Database, it seems a 280 minute "Director's Cut" also exists, though this looks to only have been shown at three places in the entire world! :eek: Alas, it may only have ever been given a German audio track, with English subtitles. (The film was filmed in various languages, using a multi-national cast, and they all spoke their own language, with dubbing done afterwards. Hence, it's part English, part French, and part German.)

Anyway, does anyone know if you can get this film on DVD, in any version whatsoever? Ideally, I would like to get the 280 minute version, (known as "Die Trilogie"), but I would settle for any version.

The film is most commonly known as "UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD". Having said that, it is also known as:-

In France - "Jusqu'au Bout Du Monde"
    In Germany - "Bis Ans Ende Der Weite", "Bis Ans Ende Der Weite: Die Trilogie", AND "Die Trilogie". :eek: :eek:

If anyone can help me out please, it would be much appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Pooch

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for that. Can anyone else offer me anymore info, at all, please?!

Pooch

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13