1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed. If it was your cash...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Fents, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Fents

Fents

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting married this Saturday and my wife to be has requested we get a camcorder for the honeymoon in a couple of weeks time. Not much time for research so i'm hoping to pick your brains
    :confused:
    I am very interested in film and do want to edit etc. and also want a camera that will last a long time.

I have narrowed down the search to the following:

Sony DCR PC330

panasonic NVGS200B

Canon MVX3i (and 10i)

JVC GR-DV4000

I'm partly drawn to the Pany due to it's 3CCDs but have heard bad things about their steady shot and low light capability (but neither pertaining to this relatively new model

The sony feels like a safe bet, but it is more pricey and is one CCD

heard good things about bothe canon (big chip, should be good in low light) and the JVC

So... which should I consider, do any of you have any experience of these models.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks in advance
    :)

2. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When I was in the market, I looked at the Sony and the Canon 10i. Both seemed well specified, but after handling them both courtesy of Jessops, I felt more comfortable with the Sony. It's a personal thing as much as anything else. There are users of this site that don't like this camera for the exact reasons I like it, ie 1 button on the case. (everything else on the touch screen menu) It is not without it's faults however, namely the view finder is badly thought out, bottom loader making it annoying using a tripod.

3. Fents

Fents

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what about the sound with the mic on the roof?

4. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry Fents,
    You are probaby married by now with cam in hand, I've just started to relook at what I've been involved in. If you haven't already found out, the mic picks up all of my grunting. This could be cos I'm left handed and having the body of the cam in my face!!