Help needed - HDMI & DVI on DVD89

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JaseW, Mar 17, 2006.

1. JaseW

JaseW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - new user to the forum. Just setting up some new kit, and having a few problems that I hope (fingers crossed) someone may be able to help with.

Treated myself to a Cambridge Audio DVD89, and a Panasonic PT-AE900 projector. I've also got a Sharp Aquos HD ready TV arriving tomorrow. The reason I chose the DVD89 was that it has both HDMI and DVI outputs.

I planned to run the HDMI output to the TV, and the DVI to the projector (using a 15m DVI/HDMI Profigold cable).

I've got the projector working fine, but as soon as I plug the HDMI cable in (in readiness for tomorrow's delivery), I lose the picture completely.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run both simultaneously? Failing that, is it possible to switch betwen the two outputs, without having to drag the DVD player out, and unplug/plug in each time I want to use the PJ?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. hastalavista

hastalavista
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey man

Its quite common that they won't work together. Consider the bandwidth and processing power to drive both outputs.

3. JaseW

JaseW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thaks for that - good point. Am I able to switch bewteen the 2 though, or is it going to be a case of unplugging/plugging in each time I want to change outputs?

4. in2deep

in2deep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think as you have it at the moment, you'd have to unplug/plug in new each time.

Possible solution would be to feed the HDMI out from the DVD player to an HDMI switch box, so you could then feed both the TV and the projector from the box, and simply switch it over as necessary.

I've seen them - they're not cheap - although can't remember where :confused: