1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed - freeview in North Norfolk

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Mick da Miller, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I took my old on digital pace box down with me to norfolk whilst visiting family this weekend. The reception is fairly good down them due to them using an aerial amplifier, although channel five is grainy. Always though it starnge that the BBC analogue region there is North East, whereas ITV is Anglia.

Anyway plugged it in and within 5 minutes it had done a scan and found nearly all the channels. However, upon inspection I realised that ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 and the ITV News Channel were not listed! Stranger still I had two BBC1s, two BBC2s, and two BBC3s! The first BBCs were Anglian whilst the others were North Eastern. The picture quality was superb and even digital text worked fine.

So basically I'm asking if anyone knows how I can locate the missing channels as they are planning to buy a freeview box now for themselves. Does it have something to do with the uhf number setting ? (Sorry I am a bit clueless when it somes to getting technical with this stuff!)

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks! :smashin:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this mentioned somewhere. Maybe The Freeview Bible. If you are getting "ghost" channels (duplications) it means your signal is too strong. You need to cut out the amplifier or fit an attenuator. That will hopefully bring back the missing channels. The receiver can't "see" them because the tuner is being "swamped" with the analogue signals.

Fman

3. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - god I never thought the signal would be too strong! Without the amplifier the TV doesn't pick up anything you see. So there's no way the digibox would work then - according to the freeview website as well. Could you please explain what an attenuator is exactly and where I could get one/ cost?

Thanks! :)