Help needed for Wharedale DX-2 Centre speaker

ramu3060

Novice Member
Hi All, Help needed from your experiences with Wharfedale DX-2 and Denon AVC- X3700H.

Even after after 2 time setup with Audssey, centre speaker dialogue is low (or what i believe). For ex: When dynamic volume is at Low, to hear a Ultra HD 5.1 Netflix movie dialogue, the volume is at -15db to -10db. But when action scenes comeon, it's too loud and will have to reduce the volume which makes me change to dynamic volume to 'Heavy' and listen at -40db.
Is it recommended to listen in 'Heavy' setting? I have adjusted centre speaker to +4db in 'Low' but no difference.
Hence thinking to get Wharfedale diamond 12 centre speaker. Can i setup this with DX-2's surround speakers which have no issue.

Please advice. Many Thanks

giggsy1950

Might be better leaving the dynamic volume set to off unless you need to use it.

gibbsy

You can adjust the level of the centre, which is usually dialogue centric in any film soundtrack. Placement of your centre might also be causing an issue. Post of pic of it in it's current position. It's also worth noting that some Netflix films can be really iffy.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom