help needed for viewing TV via Panasonic DMR-BWT735 blu-ray recorder

zivshosh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Greetings
After connecting panasonic dmr-bwt735 to sony bravia kd-49xh8096 with hdmi and connecting cable the same panasonic to cable decypher with a scart, I can't see TV thru my panasonic blu-ray recorder. TV is known (it can be opened with panasonic remote) but av yields no signal.
what am I doing wrong?
Is there anyway to reset the blu-ray settings and start anew? I changed tuning setting to look for regional channels and lost all channels.
Do I need to connect blu-ray to cable decypher with an RF cable?
Why the blu-ray does not recognize external disk connected to usb (I tried both front and rear panel usb) after registering?
many questions but I'm a complete newbie. received the blu-ray today
thank you

Moved from media forum to hardware forum.

where is the hardware forum?
sorry couldn't find it
please help
thank you

Don't worry - the moderator has moved this to the right forum for you :)

Can you explain what a 'cable decypher' is and describe your set-up a bit more clearly ? ie. what is connected to what and what cables are used ?

To get the recorder to recognise an external USB drive, it may need to be formatted in a certain way. Despite it's age, FAT32 is still commonly used. I would check the manual for accepted formats, plus any size restrictions.

The USB external disk was damaged but this was the easy problem.
connections:
Panasonic DMR-BWT735 is connected to Sony bravia 49" TV with HDMI cable.
it works since I can see DVD and contents of the blu-ray hard disk.
The problem is viewing TV stations thru the blu-ray recorder (so that I can record programs).
The TV is connected to a local cable company. Cable broadcast are encrypted. So we have a device that decrypts the TV broadcasts. This decrypter (I don't know the technical term) is connected to TV with HDMI cable. But to see TV thru the blu-ray I have to connect it to this decrypter device with a scart (21 pins). I can't understand why it won't work.
Do I need to connect the blu-ray and the decrypter with RF cables in addition to scart?
thank you

The USB external disk was damaged but this was the easy problem.
connections:
Panasonic DMR-BWT735 is connected to Sony bravia 49" TV with HDMI cable.
it works since I can see DVD and contents of the blu-ray hard disk.
The problem is viewing TV stations thru the blu-ray recorder (so that I can record programs).
The TV is connected to a local cable company. Cable broadcast are encrypted. So we have a device that decrypts the TV broadcasts. This decrypter (I don't know the technical term) is connected to TV with HDMI cable. But to see TV thru the blu-ray I have to connect it to this decrypter device with a scart (21 pins). I can't understand why it won't work.
Do I need to connect the blu-ray and the decrypter with RF cables in addition to scart?
thank you
Would you not be better off asking the cable company the best way to connect their decryption box as it's part of the service you are paying for.

Have you selected the correct scart AV input on the Panasonic?
Can the cable box output to HDMI and the scart at the same time or do you have to select one or the other?
No, there's no point in connecting by RF as the Panasonic won't be able to decode DVB-C signals.
As gibbsy has already suggested these are questions your Cable supplier should answer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom