1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed for Toshiba XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jungle, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

After read lots of discussions in this forum I have bought my first DVD recorder (Toshiba XS32). I have trying to get the kit set up during the weekend but have trouble in couple of areas.

I have used both Video plus and manual programme for timed recording onto the HD but I noticed I have to keep the XS32 switched on in order to get these programme recorded. I remember my old VCR will automatically start recording from standby mode if it is pre-programmed. Did the XS32 can not recording from stand by or did I missed something in set up?

I have a Technomatic 5000 satelite receiver and trying to find a code for the XS32. I have looked the user's manual but the model I have used is not listed. I have tried a few codes from the list but non of them worked. Did any one happen to have a similar Satelite receiver and have found the right code?

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Jungle

2. gmr

gmr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If the machine is in standby it should still record timer programs and then switch itself back into standby. Does on mine anyway.
    I had trouble getting my Thomson box setup - try the generic 0326 code. And after trying that make sure you press "sat contrl" button before seeing if the code has worked (you should then be able to press channel up and down (or key channel in number pad) and the channel will change on the sky box.
    If this doesn't work you could try ringing Toshiba although I didn't find them much help.
    Cheers
    Gidon

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,912
    0326 is only a generic code for Sky digiboxes which his Technomatic isn't.

4. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gidon. I did not realise that I need to press 'sat control' after input the code. The user manual did not mention that. I'll try again when I back to home.

For the timed record, after you input the video plus code, enter OK, do I need to press any other button? I may missed something so the record not start when I switched the XS32 off (in standby mode).

Jungle

5. gmr

gmr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Jungle - well may not work then (jaycee's comments) but maybe worth a try. I didn't realise about the sat control until someone here told me! It's described in the user manual - but they've omited to tell you about it in the installation manual!
    You shouldn't have to do anything to get the timer recording working. Just set it up through "rec menu", enter and exit "rec menu". Then either turn the box off or leave it on. Are you definately setting to record through the correct input?
    Cheers
    Gidon