Help needed for short throw projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JimJoeRooney, Apr 23, 2018.

1. JimJoeRooney

JimJoeRooney
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

So recently I purchased a projector (Optoma UHZ65 and a 120inch Elite Cinegrey screen for a room in my house for watching movies. The problem was I didn't do enough research and the projector couldn't stretch far enough to fill the screen due to the size of my room (about 12 Ft long).

Obviously this was a bad play on my behalf and I sent the projector back for a refund but I'm not in the market for a projector that can fill a 120 inch screen from a relatively short distance and that is "4k" UHD.

I see a lot of ultra short throw projectors from Dell and a new one coming out from LG but I've heard that my screen would not be suitable for a UST projector, can anyone advise me on this?

And can anyone help me with getting a projector that's capable of shorter ranges but provides a UHD image. Thank you.

2. mike07

mike07
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    As far as i know there isn't any short throw 4k projector on the market, just ultra short throw, which are expensive.
    In my opinion the screen is to small for a 4k image, a 1080p projector would be more suitable for that screen size.
    I own a BenQ W1210ST, with this one you can have a 100 inch image from 5 Ft away from the screen.