Help needed for LCD wall mount on 24" stud wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ChrisCatch22, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ChrisCatch22

ChrisCatch22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi all

I've searched the forums , but found no info on my problem, but forgive me if I've missed something.

I've got the Sharp 26" P50 LCD, and I'm trying to wallmount it. The problem is that the studs are 24" apart in my new build flat.

The backplates for most LCD mounts are either to narrow to cross between the studs, or will be wider than the TV.

I've found one here

But it'll cost a fortune to ship from the US. Anyone had a similar problem and have a solution?

Cheers

2. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just mounted my 26" Sony today. I bought a universal mount and used 14 x large plaster board raw plugs - no studs. I used 14 x 2 1/2 screws and that tv is not going anywhere.

On the other hand I mounted my plasma using bonded bolts (threaded rod) and I would not have considered using raw plugs, however that is somewhat bigger and heavier. You may want to check the specs for wall mounting as my Sony is required to have quite a gap for hot air to escape between the back of the unit and the wall.

Rich

3. ChrisCatch22

ChrisCatch22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Cheers for that Rich.

I wasn't brave enough to try it on raw plugs alone.

I'm now probably going to buy a mount that is wider than the TV and cut it to size. That way it will benefit from the stud support, and I'll use a few raw plugs for extra support.