help needed for a new dvd install

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by james_perkins, Sep 13, 2007.

1. james_perkins

james_perkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i wish to have a complete dvd install in a car from headrest monitors to headunit + screen. but i haveno clue on what product are the best what things i need to make it a good install over all i have about £800 what can i get for this money?? any ideas. also if you could explain in a simple guide on how to install it? i want to know how to install it first before i buy the car. the car im looking for is a vtr 01-02.

silly i no but i would like the knowledge for the future to

2. martUK

martUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    What VTR??

Give me a few ideas of what you want. Fold out head unit screen, or stansard head unit with additional screen somewhere, do you want to be able to watch dvd in the front, will you want to add sat nav through it???

You could get something like this for the front, and a roof screen for the back, or as you said a couple of head rest screens. All that is fairly expensive though, you could cut costs by using cheaper screens like these, but dont go too cheap otherwise you'll just be replacing them after not too long.

As for fitting, depends how confident you are at chopping your car about. Headunit is easy enough to do, but head rest screens are a bit harder and really need practise. Go to a scrap yard and get a few head rests to try on first. Roof screens are a bit easier in some ways, but on some cars it can be hard to get a good support to fix to.

3. james_perkins

james_perkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is wat i would like eventually:

alpine touchscreen head unit with sat nav
    ps2 in glove box
    2 headrest dvd players that could connect to the alpine??? and ps2?? if not a separate screen for it. as well as have their own independent dvd player??? also be able to play the whole lot on the cars sound system??

in the back i would like black vibe subs with amp and vibe 6x9 with an amp that connects then and the door speakers

too much work?????? impossible?????