• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help needed for a leadership job final interview

e46_m3

Established Member
Does anyone on here have any significant management (sales preferably) or interviewing experience?

I have an internal interview next week which is without a doubt the single most important moment of my career to date and Im really struggling with good, inspiring and convincing answers to two fundamental questions:

1) Why do you want to become a leader?

2) Why should we give you the position?

I have OK answers for them in my mind but I need things that will really make me stand out from the crowd - I dont want to give the same answers as everyone else, I want them to remember me after the interview for the right reasons.

Can anyone recommend some good answers or, failing that, some websites or books which I could use for guidance? Have looked on Amazon but there are literally thousands of books so not a clue where to start and only have a few days to read them so cant afford to get the wrong one and waste any time. I really, really dont wanna fluff this especially as I have done soooooooo much work already and got through to the last stage so it now all rests on the outcome of the final 30 minute interview - stress x 1000...........

kav

Distinguished Member
Does anyone on here have any significant management (sales preferably) or interviewing experience?

I have an internal interview next week which is without a doubt the single most important moment of my career to date and Im really struggling with good, inspiring and convincing answers to two fundamental questions:

1) Why do you want to become a leader?

2) Why should we give you the position?

I have OK answers for them in my mind but I need things that will really make me stand out from the crowd - I dont want to give the same answers as everyone else, I want them to remember me after the interview for the right reasons.

Can anyone recommend some good answers or, failing that, some websites or books which I could use for guidance? Have looked on Amazon but there are literally thousands of books so not a clue where to start and only have a few days to read them so cant afford to get the wrong one and waste any time. I really, really dont wanna fluff this especially as I have done soooooooo much work already and got through to the last stage so it now all rests on the outcome of the final 30 minute interview - stress x 1000...........

Re question 1: kind of a sneaky question, in my view. You can't suddenly "become" a leader. You either have the capabilities or you don't. In other words, come at it from a "I've always been a natural leader, right since the cub scouts...blah blah blah" direction. Have loads of examples of how this role wouldn't be anything new to you, it would simply be a natural progression for you based on your track record. Which then covers off question 2 as well. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom