Help needed for £200 av receiver

Y

youngie33

I am wondering if anyone can help? I have bought a set of the KEF 1005 with an extra egg for 6.1 sound. I am on a limited budget of £200, could anyone recommend a good av receiver to pair up with these speakers? Seen the Denon 1706 for £200 is that any good? Any help appreciated.:)

scottbown

Standard Member
I can recommend the Yamaha RXV359, £199 at richer sounds, however it doesn't support 6.1, even though I think it can drive 6.1 speakers it needs a sperate decoder.

rob roberts

Novice Member
I run the kef 1005 with 2 extra for surround back through the denon 1906 and it sounds fantastic, if you can find the 1906 on the net with a low price including delivery ( i heard of one guy finding one a £235 but not sure where) richer sounds will price match any you find on the web. Or just go for the 1706 i am sure it will still sound great.

Hope it helps

hoppaz

youngie33 said:
I am wondering if anyone can help? I have bought a set of the KEF 1005 with an extra egg for 6.1 sound. I am on a limited budget of £200, could anyone recommend a good av receiver to pair up with these speakers? Seen the Denon 1706 for £200 is that any good? Any help appreciated.:)
I'd personally look in the for sale section on this forum and ebay for a second hand amp. The last two I bought were and cost a fraction of the price they would when they were new (which was £1K).

You may pick up a Denon 3801 or 3802 for 200 quid which would blow most new sub £500 amps out of the water.

lempers

Novice Member
You can get the Denon AVR-1906 for £229.99 from Peter Tyson or get it price matched by Richer Sounds.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Lempers

P.S. I got mine today :)

Top Bottom