help needed everyone inside NOW lol

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
basically the story is i have sky digital in my bedroom i use to subscribe but cancelled a few years ago,i unplugged it from the phone connector etc an kept it for basic channels as the pic is far superior to the indoor aerial lol.

a few months down the line i flicked over to sky one an all my channels where back on free of charge :) now to the question my dad wants digital down stairs as his pic is terrible on 5 an he watches a far bit of 5 (not sure why) and would like a better pic.

we cant go the free to view route as there are no channels received when we try this method after borrowing a nighbours box (are aerial is in the loft) he has an outdoor one an he said the pic breaks up even when it rains so FTV is out the window.

we cant get sky because i dont want them to know im getting it for free (even though the would not get onto it) and the wont put another digi box on the house for basic channels anyway i have been told.SO I NEED YOUR ADVICE IS THERE ANYWAY MY DAD CAN HAVE DIGITAL FOR HIMSELF DOWNSTAIRS ????

ps i have him connected to mine so he can watch it when im out but he aint happy with my choice of films when im in lmao because i dont watch missing in action7 on channel5 i guess lol.

Get a S/h Sky box for £40 ish classifieds etc loot and get a quad or dual LNB fitted to your dish (expect to pay £70-£100). Run the cable from the LNB to your dads room and hey presto you get free (FTV with BBC card) channels for daady and you keep your sky (package)

cheers for the help mate ;) would i need the second LNB to be installed by a aerial fella or do it yourself job ??

Can DIY it Satalogue/satcure sell them but the extra weight means that some peoples dishes are dropping and reception is getting poor. As BBC are moving to Astra 2D its more important that the dish is focused so i would take the opertunity to get the dish spot on. Get a quote and see what you think.

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
cheers for the help mate ;) would i need the second LNB to be installed by a aerial fella or do it yourself job ??

I installed a quad lnb -£65 from satcure- on my minidish a couple of weeks back as I was qouted £130 for having it done 'professionally' from a local firm. I made a note of the original lnb's 'skew' setting and adjusted the quads to the same number before fitting it.
Since installing it there are some BBC problems with the second digibox (long cable run) as it takes about 15 seconds to find some of the bbc channels. Our main digibox (short cable run) has no problems though.
I thought I would mention this just in case you decide to do your own installion. Mine was installed without the aid of a proper sat finder meter.

thanks for your input but it looks like my dad is going for a kick ass aerial upgrade and a panasonic free view digi box mate.i got my local PETERS HIFI(great customer care) to lend me one and installed it the only one it had a problem with was channel 5 but we have an in loft aerial :( but the basic channels where ok.the aerial fella reckons with a new aerial it i wi1ll be fine thanks for all your help :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom