Help needed choosing a replacement TV

GE0RGI

Novice Member
Hello,

My TECHWOOD 43AO8UHD recently broke down, but luckily i had an insurance. They couldn't fix the tv so offered me a replacement with an option to upgrade for the additional fee. As a direct free replacement they offered me HISENSE 43A7100FTUK. The upgraded options with prices are listed below. After reading some reviews i narrowed the list to HISENSE 43A7100FTUK and SAMSUNG UE50TU7020 for £105 more.

Is it worth paying extra for a Samsung if the larger screen size is not important for me? Are there any other advantages over Hisense model apart from a larger screen size?

Are there any other models in the list below worth considering? e.g. QE55Q60TA for £355?

The list of offered tvs:

HISENSE 43A7100FTUK - £0
TECHWOOD 50AO9UHD - £65
TCL 55P610K - £85
PANASONIC TX-50HX580B - £25
PANASONIC TX-55HX700B - £85
SAMSUNG UE50TU7020 - £105
SAMSUNG UE55TU8300 - £265
SAMSUNG QE55Q60TA - £355
SONY KD49X7052PBU - £245

Regards,
Georgi

tvdavid

SAMSUNG QE55Q60TA prob the best on the list

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Q60 is the best of the lot, but that doesn't mean it's right for you...

What do you watch? If it's a lot of SD broadcast TV getting the Q60 may not be the best idea.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Guide here
Viewing angles? The models are a mix of VA and IPS panels

Dodgexander

I'd go with the Hisense. A series is one of the models recommended in my guide. Just as good as Samsung models with picture quality without spending more.

If you did want better smart TV, then maybe spend more on a Samsung, but make sure that you know the differences between each model since the more expensive models just have more HDMI ports or different features, not better picture quality.

Beware of panel types, most of the TVs in your list are using VA panels, whilst some IPS. Likely your old TV was IPS. Panel choice is the most important decision when buying a TV.

TECHWOOD 50AO9UHD - £65
This will be vestel produced and bad quality like your current TV.
PANASONIC TX-50HX580B - £25
This is another vestel produced TV, but sold under a Panasonic badge.
PANASONIC TX-55HX700B - £85
IPS
SONY KD49X7052PBU - £245
IPS - but when get a smaller TV and pay more?

Others are VA.

GE0RGI

Novice Member
Thank you for your replies, guys. We are not watching broadcast TV at all. The tv is mainly used for watching youtube content, movies from netflix/amazon and occasionally play an xbox. The tv will be in a room with a lot of sunlight. Because of the position of tv and seating area someone will have to watch the tv at about 45 degree angle. How bad will the distortion of picture be at this angle on the VA panel?

tvdavid

Look for an LG 49 inch TV in your case.

tvdavid

SONY KD49X7052PBU may be better for you and not the 50 inch screens they are VA.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom