1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed bi-wiring

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by george1068, Oct 22, 2005.

1. george1068

george1068

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have a denon ud-m50 with a pair of KEF cresta 2's. what i would like to know is if it is possible to bi-wire them. i realise i only have two sets of speaker outs on the denon but would it be possible to connect the second set of cables into the same terminals on the amp and then run them to the extra terminals on the back of the speakers??? or would this cook my ud-m50???
    thanks, matt

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    I am not sure you will benefit from bi-wiring this bit of kit. While it is good in its class I doubt it is so good as to warrant bi-wiring and/or expensive cable. Just use reasonable quality cable and interconnects and you will get the best out of this.

NB. This advice ignores the argument as to the benefits of bi-wiring, if any.

3. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    George what you've described there is bi-wiring. If you had A+B outputs you could hook them up to that, but for most amps that's no different except that the cabling's neater.

So yes, you can do what you said. As to whether it's worth bi-wiring those particular speakers I can't say. In my limited experience I've generally found that speakers that allow for bi-wiring really benefit from it though.