Help Needed: 5.1 Gallo Micros Reciever Recommendation?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by apcesquire, Oct 20, 2004.

1. apcesquire

apcesquire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting a HT system from scatch and after much homework and a lot of help from the existing posts in this forum, I've decided on a 5.1 Gallo Micro sytem with Powered Sub. However, I'm a little lost when it comes to the reciever. I would like to spend ~$300-400 for 60% HT and 40 % audio to power these little speakers. Right now I'm concidering the NAD T743 or T753. Any recommnedations would be much apprechiated.

:lease:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I would guess you live in the US so some of these amps may be differently modeled over there.

Also worth looking at the Marantz sr4500/5500/7500 (and OSE models) as they are very good with music and movies. The lower end Yamahas are also improved with music and superb movie machines. Rxv 550/650/750 or ax650/750 if you dont want a radio.

3. kotlewm

kotlewm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Whichever receiver you end up with I'd recommend checking that it supports a higher frequency crossover than the usual 80hz. The Micros work best with a crossover of either 100 or 120Hz, so make sure the receiver supports it.

I was happy using a Denon AVR-1803 when I had micros at the front of my setup.

Cheers

Martin.

4. apcesquire

apcesquire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also heard that crossover at either 100 or 120 Hz would get the best sound out of the micros. Thanks for the suggestions.