Help needed! 40" LCD for around £400?

capesurfline

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there!

Wanted to know if i would be able to buy a 40" lcd for around £400.

Dont really care on the brand .... (well, it must be a known brand) with the best specs for around that price.

Thanks!

Hi,
That's a difficult choice - the only ones I can think of are the Toshiba 40LV665 which is on offer at Comet for £500. There is also the Sony 40S5500 but again I can't see that being less than £500 even with a trade-in. I believe both of these sets use the same Samsung/Sony S-PVA panels but I am not certain. Edit: Samsung 40B530/550 are also available at around the same price.

For a 42 inch there is probably the LG 42LH3000 though I haven't seen many of them in my local shops or dealers - about £500/550 is the usual retail. I honestly think you would be better off looking at a 37 for your budget.

This is probably one of the better websites (beware of low prices on Google Shopping) -
BuyDigital.tv - Best Prices On UK TVs

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Another £500 option is the Samsung http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/565520/SAMSUNG-LE40B530P7WXXU/?cm_mmc=Kelkoo-_-Feed-_-Lcd+Tvs-_-565520&_$ja=tsid:10561|cc:|prd:565520|cat:TV+%26+DVD+%3E+Television+%3E+LCD%2C+Plasma+%26+LED+TVs+%3E+LCD+TVs

A cashback site / voucher code might help you save a few quid if you can find one

Yes, I'd probably look at 32 or 37 inch sets and spend a bit of time rather than just have a quick look around based on prices. I know everything comes down to money anyway, that's just my opinion.

I'm actually going to buy a 37 inch since I have more choice with those sets. There are some deals on the 40/42 inch models but I'm thinking about stuff like warranties and service, and in both of these respects the online retailers tend to offer you less.

hi curries are doing the sony 40s5500 for 599 and you can get 100 off with another old TV for tradein so that makes 499.....

seems a good deal.

Thanks for your help guys...i'll probably go for the currys £100 trade in offer.....or i might wait for a sale...not really in a rush!

I thought I'd just say that the Toshiba mentioned above is now £600 at Comet and there is no warranty on that model. All the Sony models and the Toshiba XV series models come with a 3 Year Warranty inclusive to the retail price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom