1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NEEDED!! 32" or 37" ? Fast!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by whiteboy7, Sep 9, 2004.

1. whiteboy7

whiteboy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I've been offered one of the two Philips 9986 lcd models, but I really need to place my order within the next couple of hours...

The thing is, that I am sitting aprox. 2.5 metres from the screen.

Has anyone seen the 37 PF 9986 in action? The price is only a bit more for me, but I would hate myself if I had to look at crappy pictures because of the short distance from my couch and the tv...

What do you guys think? :lease: Help me, so I can order !! :D

/ Thomas

2. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the 37", bigger is always better! Both won't look their best from 8 feet but I can't imagine there will be that much difference between the two especially as the resolution is the same and the difference in size isn't that significant.

The larger one will obviously prove a better buy if you move to a bigger place or if decide to upgrade and so sell it on you'll get much more money back.

3. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Where does one purchase a 37" version- I have never seen one available on any retail or internet site - been looking since last May
    Only just seen the 42" on more than one site-price for that varies from £4300 tpo over £6000+
    NJ