1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed? 2nd Hand Panasonic or new Philips?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by meddle, Oct 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. meddle

meddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope someone could please offer me a little advice. I have a very low budget £200 - £300 and I am looking to buy a 28" or 32" widescreen TV. A new 32" is out of my league at this price even the cheap supermarket brands. I normally go for Panasonic and was searching though Ebay and came across a 32" set Model TX-W32R4. The price is £230 and the seller has around 20 of them available all refurbised & tested with a guarantee for 3 months. They are based in Chester so I could go down and inspect before purchasing.

Problem is I cannot find a review of this set anywhere and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this set - should I take a chance on a refurb? I realise the TV may be 3-4 years old. Anyone who has had one please let me know.

My alternative to buying a second hand 32", is for a new 28" and I have seen that a lot of people support the Philips 28PW6006 set which I can see brand new for around £240. Any help would be appreciated or any previous experience. Also I have noticed on some sites the 6006 has been replaced with the 28PW6008 - does anyone know what the difference is as I cannot find reviews for this model.

Thanks you very much for help,
    meddle :)

2. MarkJayne

MarkJayne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can recommend Philips TV's after having 2x 32inch and 1 36inch.
    All give a great picture and sound performance.
    If it were up to me. Go for a second hand 32. :smashin:

3. mildred

mildred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the Philips also, as have never been impressed with Panasonic products.

I presume it is Selltel, the dealer in Chester ?
    Most of their TV's are ex-rental.

I bought a used Sony widescreen for the bedroom from them, and am happy with it. I had to clean and perfume the remote though as it smelt of cigarettes.