1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, need trunking

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tman, Aug 15, 2003.

1. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Rather than start to dig out channels in the wall, I need to run speaker cable to wall mounted Mission FS1 speakers (front and rear).

I was hoping to use flat speaker cable (which can be painted), but the Mission cable has special connectors, is not (very) flat, and will not therefore 'blend in' with the wall!

Can anyone recommend decent, easy to fit, discreet, paintable trunking that will allow me to hide the cable as best I can.

Cheers

2. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Try plumb centre or other diy shops or electrical shops, they sell trunking for pipes and cable in different sizes, you may have to put a primer on it to paint though as they are usually plastic.

3. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just gone through a similar thing and have trunking running under the pelmet by the ceiling for all 6 of my wall mounted speakers.

I bought self adhesive trunking from Homebase, comes in 2M strips and was about £6 per strip.

Bloody superb stuff and made me look like quite the DIY God (which I really am not and it is so simple to use!!). Looks tidy and dont really notice it except to admire my handy work!!

Hope that helps.

4. adesonic

adesonic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second the remarks on the self adehesive stuff from Homebase, sooo easy to fit and looks neat and tidy when finished

Did my whole frnt room in 2 hours with it