Help - need to record freesat broadcast on Sat and existing PVR isn't working!

Saxon

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a Samsung SMT-7800 freesat recorder box and it's been great for years. Just recently however I noticed a 'HDD not ready' message pops up when I try to either record a programme or access the hard drive of recordings. I just swapped in a new 1TB Seagate HDD but am still getting the HDD not ready message so can't record anything or even see anything I previously recorded.

On Sat night on Sky Arts my favourite band in the world Del Amitri have the premiere of a documentary on the making of their latest album and their history and I am desperate to record it because I am out at a gig that night! Yes it's coming out on bluray, but not for another month and I really want to be able to watch it asap.

Our main TV in the lounge is a full blown home cinema system with projector, Pioneer AV receiver etc and we have no TV aerial, just satellite feeds. I don't tend to record much anyway nowadays because so much is available on netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC iplayer anyway and we're not big TV watchers at the best of times - we're more into films and music.

What I would ideally like is a reliable freesat device with decent electronic program guide for watching TV plus the ability to record stuff on to an offboard hard drive or USB stick. This would enable me to transfer the odd recording to my NAS so I can access it via Plex but does such a device exist???? Will I be forced to spend £200 on something like the Freesat or Humax PVR's?? Would something liek this do what I want for £35?? Amazon product ASIN B095CDN6TD
Grateful for advice and in a hurry as programme is on Sat night so need to buy something suitable before then!

Many thanks,

Saxon

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom