1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help need recommendations

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dalorp, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Dalorp

Dalorp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.
    I've read most of this forum and am suitable confused. I have already purchased home cinema kit, dvd player etc and am now looking to buy a plasma.

I wish to suspend the plasma on a wall and therefore would prefer as few wires as possible actually going up into the display. I aslo don't need any speakers or TV tuner.

I wish to connect a Sky+ box and DVD (component video) to the display and maybe X-Box

Any recommendations that I can go away and investigate.

Cheers

D

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Why have any (visible) wires going to the Plasma at all - either channel and hide them in the wall or hide them in some tubing or make a feature of it and have some stainless/aluminum tubing going to it to feed the wires (see the "Get your plasmas out for the lads" thread for many examples of this sort of thing - can look very nice).

This way you do not have to worry about the number of cables going to the plasma - and where plasmas are involved having many wires going to it can sometimes be the best/easiest/cheapest option.

3. Tim_UK

Tim_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a philips plasma and this was supplied with matching conduit to hide the connecting cables - I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers also include similar.

4. Dalorp

Dalorp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok what about picture quality for sat tv? I've heard its not brilliant. Does it improve on a smaller screen size? Say 37" rather than 42". I'll be sitting about 9 feet away

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Well with sky+ you can run S-video RGB or YUV through a converter! As for screen then least cables will be a model with a tuner and umbillical cord but these can be difficult and limit connections!
    Phillips and panny do tuner module options PW6 panny have you get a choice.