Help, need my speaker with just wire, to plug into RCA speakers socket on AMP

Divide by zero

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have a set of speakers, which have just normal speaker wire factory fitted. I wish to use them with an amp that has the RCA connector type speaker connections.

What can i do?

Do they sell converters or can I just cut up and solder something?

I have lots of RCA cables.... but they all have only one wire going to them, when the speaker RCAs usually have two.

Any info would really help me out.

Ta

Slack

Divide by zero

Wow - no one?

Someone must know :lease:

badbob

Banned
RCA's aren't low level, unless your kit is some kind of non standard "high level via low level connectors" usually things like Aiwa midi systems.

But no, I've not seen the cables you mention (had a Aiwa system ages ago, RCA for treble driver on the back of the main unit)

Phlog

Novice Member
"I wish to use them with an amp that has the RCA connector type speaker connections."
This is a little bit confusing - RCA connectors usually mean line level connections and definitely not speaker connections. The speaker connections on the back of most amplifiers require banana plugs, spades or bare wire.

I'm assuming your speakers have a set of captive leads? But what's on the loose ends of those leads? If it doesn't fit in the amplifer socket/connection then it can simply be cut off. Preferrably get a set of banana plugs (c.£2 or less) - some of these can be screwed, others can be soldered. If you have to just use bare wire, but make sure there are no loose bits floating around to short across to the other connection.

Make sure you maintain the polarity of the connections so that speakers end up in phase with each other. For example, red wire into red socket etc.

Divide by zero

Hi,

I think i have found what I need...

Found someone selling DIY connectors on ebay so I just need to solder them in and bingo!

And yeah, this is a really cheap amp, but my technics amp has speakers that connect by this connection too.

Cheers

MarkTaylor

Novice Member
I'd slow down and do a little checking first.

Exactly which speakers do you have and what impedance are they?

Exactly which amp are you trying to connect to?

Reason I ask is that the type of connection you describe is often used by very low power amps designed to drive specific speakers that it is paired with which are often low impedance designs.

If you plug the wrong speakers into the wrong amp you risk blowing the speakers or the amp or possibly both.

Divide by zero

:D

As I got both for free... it's a risk I'm happy to take.

I should be doing it tonight so I'll let you know what explodes.

Ta

Lewie

Divide by zero

:D Worked a charm!

The important thing is to wire them all the same.

I used the standard of + on the pole and - on the outer ring.

Do the same for all speakers and it'll be fine.

That said, not sure if I wuld have done it if I had paid a couple of grand for speakers and amp!!

Lewie

:D Worked a charm!

The important thing is to wire them all the same.

I used the standard of + on the pole and - on the outer ring.

Do the same for all speakers and it'll be fine.

That said, not sure if I wuld have done it if I had paid a couple of grand for speakers and amp!!
Can you send me a link to the connectors.

Lewie

Top Bottom