1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! Need my AV stand raised!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by TCD, Nov 18, 2004.

1. TCD

TCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, just purchased the Optimum 8003 LCD stand! I need to raise the stand a few millimetres off the ground so I can fit some equipment in the space between the floor and the bottom shelf!

The stand has casters on the legs, I want to buy some of those 'cups' that the casters sit in. I am not sure what these are called either, are they caster cups or stands? I can not find any anywhere online and will shortly resort to going round my Mum's and stealing hers off the bottom of her couch!

This will raise the stand enough, me thinks! I would like them in stainless steel if possible.

Any idea where to get them from or any other suggestions of how to raise the stand.

Cheers

TCD

2. F1Boy

F1Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello,

I'm sure you can find those furntiure cup things in any of the catalogues that the lovely(?) people from Betterware etc post through our doors...?

...or Lakeland...

...or, we've got a set of stainless steel coasters - they'd do pretty much the same job - you can get them from most 'modern' homeware shops.

Good Luck,

Matt

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,343
    You can get clear plastic caster cups in the hardware bit of Woolworths.
    A couple of quid and bob's your uncle, don't forget to leave enough clearance for ventilation.