Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help! Need LCD Stand < 32cm deep

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Alan111S, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Alan111S

Alan111S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I have been looking everywhere for a slim stand for my Philips 32PF9986. I only need to mount the TV and centre speaker on it as my amp etc. lives in a handy alcove next door.

As you can see in the attached photos, the plinth it all sits on is narrow (32cm), yet the slimmest stand I can find is an Optimum AV200SL at 40cm deep. I ordered one as it might just fit since the feet are spaced 25cm apart, but then the slightest nudge could knock the front feet off the plinth with disastrous consequences!

I even thought of buying a shelf from IKEA and some table legs which I could hacksaw down to the correct height. Help, I am that desperate :lease:

Alan

Attached Files:

2. Alan111S

Alan111S
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just replying to myself, in case someone has a similar issue. I am getting an Optimum plasma stand. The local Sony centre ordered it for me with £50 discount - and Optimum are giving me custom size legs for free. The front legs will overhang but drop to the floor - I reckon it will look pretty cool. When I get it, I'll post a pic.