Question Help! Need a replacement Pioneer VSX-920, blown up in storm

geekomatic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long story short- we had a lightning storm & even though the electronics were in a good (I thought) powerboard (Belkin PureAV) I lost the Pioneer AVR, Blu-ray player, PS3, Netgear Modem/Router, DVD/VCR...but somehow the cheap Hisense TV is okay...

Anyway, I have a set of speakers I love & they are front, front center, rear, rear center, & sub...so, 6.1?

I loved the VSX-920 for the upscaling, internet radio pre-sets, & 2-zone speaker set-up. I also like a display & physical knobs.

Please help me get something that would be of similar quality & specs? I'm in WA, AU, so likely won't have the same range to choose from as most, but even if I can get a few suggestions, I'll hopefully find one of them here.

Thanks so much in advance for your opinions,

Cheers! :)

Buy the February edition of What HiFi magazine ,Richer Sounds are advertising the Pioneer VSX930 for £299 ,should be a great replacement for you

Not only that, but doing the money conversion, you can get the amp for about $700AUD-- but, here in "rip-off-world", the b*stards are charging $1200- 1400!!! Must've been shipped in a private Lear jet. :mad:

Buy the February edition of What HiFi magazine ,Richer Sounds are advertising the Pioneer VSX930 for £299 ,should be a great replacement for you

Looking at that one (the insurer is a maybe on it)--

your thoughts of that vs:

Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black)

Sony STRDN1060 1155 Watt 7.2 Channel Wi-Fi Network Receiver

The upscaling is important as well as wanting to be able to reach via IP, the AVR to input specific net radio stations to play thru the AVR as the 920 did.

Then again, the only thing left to upscale is the VHS/DVD player...Is the diff between ATMOS & DTX something worth worrying over? The 646, I notice, also has phono in...is that not possible with the 930?

I know- I'm all over the place- lol...Worse, I just ran over my own mobile & am doing this same thing at those forums. :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom