1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Need a DVD Drive with offset Power Connector

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by X-Factor, Aug 20, 2004.

1. X-Factor

X-Factor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got a Accent HT400 case and I've just got myself a 9800 Pro and it's all went horribly wrong.

The card is bigger than my current 8500 which was already right up against the power supply of the dvd drive so I can't fit the card.

So I'm now looking for a DVD drive with the power connector offset from the side of the drive. I've got a number of spare CD drive have the power offset and the card would fit if the drive wasn't so long. I need a drive less than 19cm. I can find the length/depth of the drive on various sites but not the location of the power connector.

So if you've got a decent DVD drive with the power connector offset from the left of the drive casing could you post the model.

Ta,

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Would a shorter drive help?

The liteon drives are 17cms, so does the extra 2cms of space allow the card to fit?

Gary

3. X-Factor

X-Factor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Might do, I'll fit the card later and see how much room I have to play with I don't think the 9800pro can be 2cm bigger than the 8500 so should fit it.

Thanks