HELP!!! My wife wants to play!!!

MartinH32

Last night during TDU she suggested getting another controller so she can play. What do I do? :lease:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Last night during TDU she suggested getting another controller so she can play. What do I do? :lease:
Order one from HMV, at least then you'll have a good couple of extra weeks with the 360 to yourself:rotfl:

Just don't show her Zuma whatever you do:lesson:

UnGreat

Women play games, absurd! ;)

I'd make sure you get a cheap seperate live account. That is unless you want to be bombarded with friend requests from creepy loners the minute she talks on the headset. :rotfl:

Gary D

Distinguished Member
It might seem radical - but why not get her a controller and let her to join in.

Or you could grow some side burns and pretend you live in the 70's

BuFF DaDDy

Novice Member
Tell her to get back to the ironing and leave the sensible stuff to men, like playing games:D

Ico.

My wife likes the look of Viva pinata!:eek:

So I make sure that I'm always playing something like GOW when she is looking, helps keep the all games are evil thing going.

She will still play tetris though if I leave my old gameboy around with it in.:rolleyes:

Gary D

Distinguished Member
I have to say this the most depressing thread i've read all day. My wife plays all the time and i love the fact that she does. you should try it :)

Benny06

Vote 2 for jedi mind trick lol

Let her play? just whip the living poop out of her on 2 player and let her get fed up with it and she'l never want to play again. Option B- chain her to the kitchen sink.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Get her a controller then pick up DOA Xtreme 2, a couple mins playing that and she'll never want to look at another xbox again! :D

Although neither will you from the looks of that game! :rolleyes:

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Welcome her with open arms mate, and thank your lucky stars you are one of us lucky guys that have a wife that don't moan all the time about your gaming.

Mark.

Jackkk

Novice Member
Set a game to the hardest difficulty then give her ago so she keeps losing shell probly becoome bored, dont get 360 till xmas so cant recomend any games.

alistair_1990

Standard Member
A friend of mine carn't get enough of TDU I'v spent a few hours teaching her how to drift etc its great fun and she loves the engine noices lol

AudioSlim

My Mrs loves playing figthing games. DOA et al , she's a master at it , kicks some ass. She used to play Mariokart like a pro when I first met her , whenever she came round to my house during me and mates monster mariokart sessions (there is no better 4 player game going to this day).

Apart from those 2 she wont touch anything else game wise.

Slim

stu.artd

Get a 2nd wireless pad, thank your lucky stars and let her join in.
Unfortunately my wife has no interest in games at all, I got a Wii last week and thought that might have piqued her interest but she says the same about that as she does about my 360 - "games are for kids". :(

I know it's a very poor piece of stereotyping but try as I might I cannot get her to change her mind. :(

Cowden_harley

Right heres what you do you put on your best Eric Cartman voice and say the following "You woman, you go back into the kitchen and you make me some pie!".

Only kidding my mrs is into her old skool gaming. She says they ruined sonic when he wasnt flat any more (very true i know). Loves the new mario on DS and is absolutely addicted to Zuma. I got an extra wii remote and nunchuck in anticipation of the wii. 360 is my time but we will also have wii time together (when i manage to get one). She's cool though, more like a pal than a wife.

PS (Highlight to see in case she is reading this) - I got her Viva Pinata for xmas

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I'm well up for getting as many people involved in what I love most - gaming. And that includes my wife - she has her own profile on the 360, and a few select people even know what that is.

But sadly, the Live community at large just isn't ready to welcome 50% of the human population yet - believe me I've heard it first hand.

She loves her games, but the Wii is much more our cup of tea right now. I still love me 360, but there are limitations sadly.

Cowden_harley

Snap Munkey Boy. My mrs has her profile on the 360 as well. Just a silver account but she gets her own gamerscore. I think it is cool

Stinja

Get her a controller then pick up DOA Xtreme 2, a couple mins playing that and she'll never want to look at another xbox again! :D
Get her playing DoA XXX2 and while playing make continual comparisons of her body/arse/breasts to those of the DoA girls. If she dosent stop playing with 30 mins i'd be surprised. You might even get a divorce out of it ;)