Quantcast

Help: My Toshiba SD220 is no longer multi region!!

M

madmacman

About 2.5 years ago I purchased a Toshiba SD220 Multi-Region DVD player (it was purchased as an MR machine - I have not used any hack on it). And for 2.5 years it has worked brilliantly. However, on Monday it started rejecting all non-PAL DVD's with the message "NOT PAL".

The timing of this is perfect - my girlfriend came out of hospital at the weekend and wants to watch loads of films - half of which are NTSC!

Does anyone have an idea why this should start happening? Is there a way around it? Is it on its way out?

Cheers,

MadMacMan

(First posting - hope its in the right forum)

thekingbeyond

Distinguished Member
M

madmacman

Thanks for the info regarding the hack.

I haved downloaded the files and written them to a CD as ISO bin/cue files without any problem.

Going to the DVD player and pressing setup, the picture submenu only has one item on it relating to screen size, it doesn't have a PAL/AUTO option. I recall seeing this option there in the past.

I had a look around and some people have also been missing this menu item - but there were no fixes to this.

So, can I load this fix without setting mode to Auto?

Cheers,

MadMacMan

AlpsUk

Has anybody got those files for the toshiba sd220 as the link on videohelp is now dead?

Zone

tictac said:
Has anybody got those files for the toshiba sd220 as the link on videohelp is now dead?
Here you go http://www.geocities.com/its_yahell/toshiba_sd220e.html this will also work for other SD units as I modded the kids 120E with it although if you do use this then its at your own risk ;)

Thing is when I played the disc in the player it just came up with the "disc error" warning, tried it a number of times using CDR and RW same message so thought it aint gonna work but out of interest stuck in my R1 copy of the Goonies and hey presto it worked :smashin:

I'll add this to the Player Hack forum as well as I'm sure it'll be of some use.

AlpsUk

Thanks for the link but it doesn't work. I click on the firmware button at the bottom of the page and a new window appears and then disappears straight away. Do you know of any other places to get this file?

GingerMagic

Novice Member
Hey guys.

Any idea if this hack will work with the SD-520? My player was modded, but switched itself back to R2 only a couple of months back.

Cheers,
Paul