Help, My teeth are falling out

• Thread starter Deleted member 174041
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174041

Bad teeth run in my family (my mums side). Im 26 and my teeth are crumbleing away. Just ten minutes ago I ate some toast and half of one of my back teeth came away :eek:
My dentist is private and also expensive. What are my options to have my whole mouth re-done. Are veeners the way to go or just some false teeth like im 80 years old.

Any help will be appreciated

You need to be asking your dentist, you should be able to phone your practice up and talk to the assistant who might have some idea, I have weak teeth too due to too much flouride... never eat toothpaste... and have had a couple of teeth damaged but nothing too serious yet thankfully, the dentist just filed down the roughness and left it as it is, said there's no point in doing anything until it becomes a problem or looks like it's going to become a problem.

Speak with your dentist and see what they say, generally they will give you the best advice :thumbsup:

stop taking drugs / eating sweeties :p

brush your teeth and gums with a braun oral B electric toothbrush for at least 2 mins twice a day and synsodyne F toothpaste (i switched to this and it stopped mine breaking up)

go see a different dentist

stop taking drugs / eating sweeties

brush your teeth and gums with a braun oral B electric toothbrush for at least 2 mins twice a day and synsodyne F toothpaste

go see a dentist

Sadly drugs / sweets aren't the cause for all dental problems, mine for example are because of high levels of flouride in the stages of tooth development. It can also be a genetic thing as OP has said his family have problems.

An electric toothbrush is not always recommended for people with such problems, a dentist might recommend you a soft bristle manual brush where you have more control over the cleaning, electric brushes are not necessarily best for everyone, there are a number of things to consider, strenght of teeth and gums being quite important, you can do more damage than good if you're not doing it correctly.

A dentist will know what kind of brush is best suited to your teeth and gums, especially if you have problems with your teeth. I use a medium and a soft bristle brush for my mouth along with regular flossing and mouthwash.

Thanks Iccz, Ill give them a phone and see what they say. I hope they do a sort of payment plan, not going to be able to affort £1k's of treatment.

Ill try :D

Think its to late for that

you do rebuild enamel slowly, alot of my damage was down to drinking pints of fruit juice and using a very hard brush, dentist told me to get the oral b as its very soft

you do rebuild enamel slowly, alot of my damage was down to drinking pints of fruit juice and using a very hard brush, dentist told me to get the oral b as its very soft

The Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste is great, but it's not cheap :thumbsup:

Mine rotted through too much lemonade drinking dentist said there is lots of acid in lemo and it is not so much the sugar... haven't had lemo since before xmas and no problems further..
PS I am immune to local anaesthetic so imagine the pain whilst they drill!!! Yikes

In future I will goto the local dental hospital I feel for general anaesthetic

I was ok until recently too dunno what they have changed or if it is me!!!!

Luckily for me I have a really good dentist... I have a fear of hospitals and doctors etc... but i'm fine with the dentist, but if the time ever comes where I need an injection i'll be spun into a panic attack, not going to be fun that... oh dear, hopefully it'll never come to that though!

Acid is a lot worse than sugar, I find that chewing sugar free gum during the day helps keep my mouth feeling a lot better, and im sure it helps combat the acidity of food/drinks.

Seek medical advice . .

if you need tv advice this is the place. .

if u need teeth advice visit the dentist

Last edited:
I know the dentist isnt cheap :D My girlfriend had to get 12 crowns done (she ground her teeth down in her sleep)
She got told either false teeth or the crowns (£3500) i had to pay half :mad: but i would of picked the same choice if it was my teeth. They do look really good too.

John.

I have a famlily with all bad teeth. I will be always grateful thay my parernts paid for something called fisher treatment. I was about 8 when the Dentist put this special covering over my teeth to protect them from decay. It tasted bloody awful when he did it. I am not sure how long it lasted as it would have stopped working a long time ago, but I am now nearly 35 and still have all my teeth and not one filling.

I have always preferred using a electruc toothbrush and use one of the Oral B Vitality ones.

Haven't been to the Dentist in yearss, I am not sure if I am registered anymore.

I have the 'teeth falling out/crumbling' dream quite often. (that along with running through the streets naked :eek: )

I feel for you guys.

Not being funny, but why not go NHS for it? Dentists are not as hard to find as they used to be, and the cost is capped, I think the upper limit is about 400 odd quid for a full course of treatment, and yes, they will give you crowns if the dentist deems it suitable. For a guy of 26, I would think he would consider it suitable!

For anyone reading, not the OP who is getting a lot of dental bills, like the few guys here who recommended the Oral B Electric Toothbrush, I'll add another recommendation!

I've had them for 10 years now and I've only had maybe 4 or 5 fillings in that time, I just got a new 8500 pro care for Xmas as my previous brush just seemed to not hold a charge for that long but getting 5 years out of a brush that can cost as little as £15 is ace, I've progressively upgraded mines though thus going from £15 to £60+.

To the OP, I'd ask about false teeth, they don't look as bad as they used too but many prefer caps etc as my Mum said you lose 'taste' by getting false teeth, it's hard to explain but she said you can sort of taste stuff via your teeth as well as your mouth, this might take some getting used too.

Please don't let them get diseased though as it could lead to a lot of pain and suffering and possible hospital treatment.

Good luck

Liam

Not being funny, but why not go NHS for it? Dentists are not as hard to find as they used to be, and the cost is capped, I think the upper limit is about 400 odd quid for a full course of treatment, and yes, they will give you crowns if the dentist deems it suitable. For a guy of 26, I would think he would consider it suitable!

I thought it was impossible to get an NHS denstist.

Ok you don't need a bleeding electric toothbrush lol. I've always used a regular tooth brush and had zero fillings and zero cavities in 24 years.

Just to add if the enamel on you teeth is weak, your dentist should be able to apply a temporary coating (tastes like banana) which strengthens the enamel. not sure how long it lasts though.

I thought it was impossible to get an NHS denstist.

Not at all, it might be harder in some areas of the country, but AFAIK, if you NEED one, you will find one. Ring your local NHS trust and ask them for advice, or even look on t'interweb. For Manchester as an example, ( I was looking myself recently!) you can ring the trust and they give you numbers... MIght have to try a few like I said, but you will be able to find one if you need it.

EDIT: In fact, click here for NHS dentists...
Clickt he toothy icon, enter your postcode and click search...

Last edited:
Not at all, it might be harder in some areas of the country, but AFAIK, if you NEED one, you will find one. Ring your local NHS trust and ask them for advice, or even look on t'interweb. For Manchester as an example, ( I was looking myself recently!) you can ring the trust and they give you numbers... MIght have to try a few like I said, but you will be able to find one if you need it.

EDIT: In fact, click here for NHS dentists...
Clickt he toothy icon, enter your postcode and click search...

Thanks alot :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom