HELP! My Sony video 8 Pro is not ejecting?

M

mariek1983

I have just purchased an old style Sony Video 8 Pro camcorder MODEL : CCD-V100E on ebay. It came with a tape already in it, but the tape functions do not seem to be working. I think the eject sign is displayed on the digi bit but nothing happens when i move the eject slider. The camera featre does work. It did not come with a manuel. I am a woman with no clue, can you help me?

Regards
Maria

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I think you've provided the model number of the battery rather than the camcorder. If it is a Video 8 model the model number should be CCD-TRVxxx. Manuals are available on Sony's web site.

Is there a small blue button on the back of the camera? If so, press this & eject simultaneously.

Peter Brereton

The Sony CCD-V100E is around twenty years old now, I used to own one! The usual cause of faulty eject was a faulty mode control motor, these were very difficult to replace and in any case I don't think parts are available anymore. Compared to modern camcorders it's performance was very poor.

Peter Brereton

Duster

Standard Member
Hi,

Not sure about this model, but most camcorders need a battery with power in it to open /close the tape bay.
Try charging the battery and fitting to the camcorder to see if this works or not.

Good luck:)

M

mariek1983

My Dad actually discovered that the tape already inside was jammed and mangled ?don't think it's fixable ... i am now in dispte with the ebay seller who says it was damaged in posting ....yeah right...!!!
Thanks for your help everyone!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom