Help - My son got into the service mode!

Disco Dan

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a Magnavox MPTV68 Television, getting on a bit but still works.

Anyway, my son managed to get into the service mode (flob knows how, I did not know it had one!) and changed lots of the settings.

Could someone please tell me how to reset to defaults? Oh and there is what looks like half English half Arabic writing moving around the screen which I cannot get rid of! See photo!

There is also a little black knob on the back that says "Image adjust" but does not seem to do anything.

How do I get it back to the defaults????

On the screen I get dozens of options, here is just a few from the top of the list working down:

RCUT
GCUT
BCUT
GDRV
CNTX
BRTC
COLC
TNTC
COLP
COLS
SCNT
CNTC
CNTN
BRTX
RRTN
COLX
COLN
TNTX
TNTN
ST3
ST4
SV4
SHPX
SHPN
TXCX
RGCN
VMO
VM1
HPOS
VPSO
HIT
HPS
VP60
HITS
VLIN
VSC
VLIS
DPC
DPS
DPC5
REY
REYS
WID
WIDS
VCP
LNR

....PLUS QUITE A FEW MORE!

Attachments

• TV Help.JPG
    TV Help.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 198

mike7

Distinguished Member
Magnavox is unknown in the UK. I note that you are in New Zealand. You would be better of trying an American Forum. 4:3 CRT sets are pretty non existant here as well.

Last edited:

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Mike 7 is right. Magnavox is a Philips brand which is extensively used in the USA. However the US NTSC/ATSC sets may be totally different from those marketed for use in NZ which is PAL/DVB-T.

It is after all just a badge.

I think you may find this set has more in common with the Philips models of similar vintage sold in NZ and Australia

However I have also heard of this brand being marketed in the Republic of Ireland.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom