Help. My sky Pace digibox keeps flashing 'Channel 4' at the bottom of the screen

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by music, May 4, 2005.

1. music

music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Any ideas? At the bottom of the screen in the sort of position you would expect sub-titles to be the words 'Channel 4' flash intermittently. This only happens when watching Channel 4 and is very annoying. I've tried disconnecting fronm the mains overnight, but to no avail.

Any help gratefully received. :lease:

If I can't get it working ... any recommendations for a replacement (preferably with component output and small size) ? I'm not interested in Sky+ - I only watch the free programmes through the dish cos my reception through aerial is unwatchable.

THanks in advance ............

2. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like your TV is bringing up a channel display. Is the text in a teletext style or in the Sky EPG style? Are you sure you are not watching it on analogue and your signal is so weak your TV is constantly finding and losing the signal?

3. music

music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ooops. Very sorry about that. I've just been checking by substitituting my portable and - giess what - arrgghh - it doesn't do it!!!!

So it must be the TV, and your right - it seems to be a teletext style sort of lettering!

Any ideas on how to sort this on my TV scitech, or should I trip overe to the TVF forums?

4. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're definitely viewing the signal from the Sky box then I'm stumped. It will take someone older and wiser than myself to answer that!

If it's coming through the analogue terrestrial signal it's most likely bad reception. You could try repositioning your aerial or just retuning the TV.

Regards
    Scitech.

5. music

music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    thanks scitech for your help...