Help! my Samsung BDP 3600 won't play discs.....

Genaa

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

Have a 3600 hooked up to Sony 24OOES AV receiver and then onto Samsung series 7 LED TV... last two nights I have tried loading a dvd and both times the player has failed to properly load the discs, bring up any menu or play them.

When I tried this morning (having failed last night) the player spun up straight away and no probs at, all the tv recognised the player, switched on and started playing the disc....is this some wierd kind of bug?

Is the player simply getting too hot as its above the amp ? (albeit on thick glass shelf)... I can't think of what could be causing this and would much appreciate any help folks can offer!

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a BDP 3600 which works fine with my amps/TV set-up, though this is quite different to yours in that I don't use HDMI for audio, have the player connected directly to the screen, etc.

When you say that the player would not play DVDs, did you get anything on the screen at all, such as the Samsung splash screen?

It sounds like last night perhaps was an HDMI handshake issue, probably caused by switching the player, amp and screen on an order that it didn't like for some reason.

Or did you change the cabling or other settings in any way when trying to get it to work? I would doubt it is a heat related issue...

cheers,

Michael B.

When I tried this morning (having failed last night) the player spun up straight away and no probs at, all the tv recognised the player, switched on and started playing the disc....is this some wierd kind of bug?

Sounds like a handshake issue? can be quite common.
All the best.

hmmm - how do I know if I am doing something wrong then? None of the manuals (tv, bd or av receiver) say anything about order of switching on etc so as to avoid any such issue?

I have not changed any of the cabling - HDMI into the BD HDMI port on back of Sony AV, HDMI out of Reciever into TV....

when it is getting stuck on either "LOAD" or "CLOSE" displayed on BD player screen, the TV simply keeps playing TV signal - no splash screen or anything. If I try manually changing the input source on TV from TV to Anynet - BD Player, it spends ages looking for the player (during which I can do nothing other than turn tv off as no other buttons appear to do anything) and then comes up with error message about not being able to find device.

I have read on AVS forums that others have experienced problems with this player getting stuck on a LOAD message....

So - what to do and how please folks? am beginning to despair here!!:thumbsdow

hmmm - how do I know if I am doing something wrong then? None of the manuals (tv, bd or av receiver) say anything about order of switching on etc so as to avoid any such issue?

I have not changed any of the cabling - HDMI into the BD HDMI port on back of Sony AV, HDMI out of Reciever into TV....

when it is getting stuck on either "LOAD" or "CLOSE" displayed on BD player screen, the TV simply keeps playing TV signal - no splash screen or anything. If I try manually changing the input source on TV from TV to Anynet - BD Player, it spends ages looking for the player (during which I can do nothing other than turn tv off as no other buttons appear to do anything) and then comes up with error message about not being able to find device.

I have read on AVS forums that others have experienced problems with this player getting stuck on a LOAD message....

So - what to do and how please folks? am beginning to despair here!!:thumbsdow

Is it ok now or still playing up?

not working now. has been 'stuck' displaying a LOAD message for last 45 mins or so. Have now unplugged completely to get serial number etc. so I can contact Samsung regarding fix / replacement

has anyone else had similar problems with this machine and can advise as to solutions?

I have noticed that with the player connected via the AV receiver, the TV 'BD-wise' option is not accessible - could this be causing the handshake issues? Surely it should be possible to connect blu ray to AV and then receiver to TV and have everything work properly..

Basically I am currently unsure whether this is a user error, a hardware glitch or something in between :lease: can someone point me in right direction?

Many thanks!

has anyone else had similar problems with this machine and can advise as to solutions?

I have noticed that with the player connected via the AV receiver, the TV 'BD-wise' option is not accessible - could this be causing the handshake issues? Surely it should be possible to connect blu ray to AV and then receiver to TV and have everything work properly..

Basically I am currently unsure whether this is a user error, a hardware glitch or something in between :lease: can someone point me in right direction?

Many thanks!

When direct to the TV how does the player act then? play as it should or still get stuck on load etc.

Will test again tonight but I think it still suffers from LOAD and CLOSE 'hangups' suggesting that there is something wrong with the hardware as well as any conflicting connections etc.

Surely it should be possible to hook up via receiver and have it work as normal though - seems convoluted to have to output to TV, then back to AV before out to speakers etc?

Cheers for your continuing help Kingfats - tis much appreciated!:smashin:

Will test again tonight but I think it still suffers from LOAD and CLOSE 'hangups' suggesting that there is something wrong with the hardware as well as any conflicting connections etc.

Surely it should be possible to hook up via receiver and have it work as normal though - seems convoluted to have to output to TV, then back to AV before out to speakers etc?

Cheers for your continuing help Kingfats - tis much appreciated!:smashin:

Check again and see what it's like but your right you should be able to connect via the receiver without issue to be honest.

Have had a 'standardised' reply from the Samsung online repair service, asking me to ring them and have the equipment to hand when I do, so will try that either this evening or tomorrow and see what they say.

I gather from the AVS forums that a number of people have had issues with this particular machine hanging, crashing, and generaly not 'working as intended' - hey ho

I think its the BD Wise that causing the hangup.

You say that when the Sony amp is in line the Player gets hung up?and the TV becomes unresponsive?

So you have the BD wise activated so that when you turn on the Samsung Blu-ray,the Samsung TV recognises it and turns on and switches to the correct input?

When the Sony amp is in line with the BD Wise activated,the set and the Blu-ray get lost because something that they dont recognise gets in between them.
(aaaaah, my 2nd marriage )

Try disconnecting the lot.Turn off the BD Wise and reconnect.Firstly to your TV and test. Then re introduce your Amp and test.

I think that you will have to select the correct input manually for it to work correctly with the amp in line.

Did any of that make sense? I dont think I typed it clearly.

Good Luck,

KH

I'll give it a try tonight KH - gonna be a while before I can get hold of Samsung anyways.... :)

:thumbsup:

KH

Ok, have connected TV to Blu-Ray direct, switched off BD-Wise and reconnected the Blu-Ray through AV receiver. Seems ok so far, will leave on for a while to see whether any further hang-ups occur but perhaps problem is now fixed??? Dread to think the chaos I could cause once I go wireless and try hooking up the network stuff lol!

Cheers for the steers folks -will let you know if all resolved now.

Glad it appears to have worked.lets hope its permanent.

KH

Oh well so much for having found a solution. After about 20 minutes of listening to the radio via the TV and then trying to switch back to a BD source. TV once again fails to connect to the BD player and player gets hung-up on either LOAD, PLAY, or CLOSE whilst tv either blue screens or searches in vain for a connection.

Have power cycled everything, redone connections (both TV to Player alone and player back through AV to TV) and no change. No improvement - all borked up :(

Is this a known compatibility issue or do I just have a broken player?

afterthought: whilst I am new to AV stuff and the seeming vagaries of its connections and protocols, I have built several computers from scratch using different component parts and NEVER had anywhere near this kind of inexplicable headaches - for expensive kit supposedly of a high standard I am currently extremely disappointed and massively frustrated

Yes,I can understand your frustration.I shouldn't have posted the "appears to have worked" comment should I ?

Back to Samsung repair line then.The only time this happened to me was with a BDP-1500,that ended up going back.

Good Luck,

KH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom