Question Help my sad friend finally get a TV

Unclefishboy73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

My friend Marc has been looking for a 4K HDR TV since last November to make the most of his new Xbox One X last year and STILL hasn’t got one. He’s not very technical so relies on me, and I’m not great!

He’d love an OLED tv like mine (an LGB6 - love it) but he only has room for 49 or 50 inch TV in his alcove and OLEDs rarely come in that size. He has a budget of about £1000. He’s been looking at Samsung and Sony but the various options have made his head spin. Main use of the 4K HDR would be Xbox one X, UHD Netflix and the odd UHD disc. Would love some recommendations!

Thanks

Thanks for that, looks good. I see it has Dolby vision too which is a favourite feature of my LG. I think the ones he was looking at didn’t have it.

Anymore for anymore?

A 2nd vote for the XF90, if price is an issue, wait a while, it will come down by late summer.
Or maybe the XE90 from last year that can be picked up as a refurb for £799

Thanks for the response, it was actually the xe90 he was toying with. Is the xf90 worth the extra? Seems like Dolby vision at least is a worthy addition.

The XF90 will come down in price, so probably worth the wait, it has a better chip, so will be faster & can handle dolby vision, it also has more dimming zones, so will be the better option.
Both TVs are reviewed on here.

Awesome guys, thank you so much for your advice. I shall let him know he’s buying a Sony XF90. Even though at the price he should still really buy an LG B7 55 and just have it stick out a little from the alcove ;)

If you can get the XE90 at a decent price still then go for that but they are thin on the ground.
XF90 is worth waiting for of course but it sounds like Marc has already done a lot of waiting.

He will want a TV like these as they are the very best at 50", especially at 50" where there is far, far less choice than larger screen sizes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom