1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, my picture has disappeared!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by markwhiteside99, Feb 6, 2005.

1. markwhiteside99

markwhiteside99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am need of some help please. I had to unplug all my gear for a new piece of furniture, and horror of horrors I have plugged it all back again and I cannot get a picture out of my plasma through Sky.

I have a JS Technology RGB converter, an amp and a Skybox. All connected by component.

I know the sky signal is coming through as it works on the other TVs in the house. I know the connection to the plasma is OK, as I can get a DVD picture no problem. I can get sound through the plamsa, from Sky, no problem. As such, I am stuck!

What else could it be, could it be the JS Tech box, or perhaps a s/w setting somewhere?

All help much appreciated, I am worried!

Thanks

Mark

2. Peabo

Peabo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The JS box is RGB scart only, I think. Maybe the sky box got totally reset and defaulted back to standard scart. Connect the box to something else and go to SERVICES -> SYSTEM SETUP -> PICTURE SETTINGS and set SCART CONTROL ON and VIDEO OUTPUT RGB

3. markwhiteside99

markwhiteside99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that but still no good. I still cannot see any vision, when the TV/CBL input is selected. In fact, I have noticed that when the TV/CBL input is selected on the AMP, the sound that is coming through is for the DVD which is playing? I have checked the connections and it looks OK?

If I select the DVD input, then I get the DVD sound and vision as expected.

This is driving me mad. . . . any other suggestions?

Mark

4. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which amp do you have, my yam 750 reset the reassigned inputs after disconnecting from the mains for a while. I had a similar prob with sky sound but no picture until I noticed.

If that is not the case, go back to square one and connect only the sky/cable box, then add the other components one by one.

5. markwhiteside99

markwhiteside99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The amp is a YAM RX-V440RDS - you will have to excuse me but I do not know a great deal about AV. How did you manage to reset the amp then?

Mark

6. markwhiteside99

markwhiteside99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the manual out. Done as it says, but still no picture. I am not sure what to do now. Any ideas anyone?

M

7. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One quick thought - the TV's throughout the rest of the house are on the RF socket I guess? Have you definitely got the Scart cable in the correct socket on the Sky box? Usually only one of them is (TV) RGB the other is usually marked VCR.