Question Help!!! My head's a shed!!! LG CX vs Sammie Q95/90

Dollydoodah

Established Member
Reaction score
After some advice... Replacement coming for my LG E6V.

I have narrowed it down to...

LG CX and the Samsung Q95 or Q90

I loved my OLED - but am scared of Screen Burn, and have chosen the Samsung as my second choice.

Do I go with my heart and pray that the Screen Burn prevention fairies look after me, or do I settle for the Samsung and 'make do' with the bloom...

I have changed my mind over a dozen times in the last 24 hours, every time I go to close the deal I freeze!!!:eek:

It's not a question of praying, whether you get screen burn or not will be down to how you use the TV. Between 2016 and now lots of advancements have been made to decrease the risk of using static images, but repeated usage that still has a lot of static images or tickers like news channels are still out of the question.

Threads that may help you:

&

As with all my advice this time of year, its a bad idea to consider buying any 2020 model at present. Prices are on the high side, and TVs are currently selling for more than they are worth.

Thanks for the reply Dodgexander…. Appreciated.

When I said praying, it was tongue in cheek, I would be a lot more aware of the potential than I was when I got my OLED E6V in 2016, and would be more cautious in what/how I watch things going forward.

As for the time of year, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment, however this would be a replacement from my warranty so wouldn't be an issue.

As for the time of year, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment, however this would be a replacement from my warranty so wouldn't be an issue.
Are you using integrated sound? If so you'd probably want to look at TVs with better built in sound. Sadly LG didn't make a EX OLED, but maybe the E9 still available? Panasonic, Sony and Philips also have OLEDs with upgraded built in sound.

But aside from that I'm not really which out of the CX and Q90T/Q95T will be best suited to you. General rule is to go for the OLED if you prefer a dim/dark viewing and the Samsung if you tend to watch more during the day or with the lights on.

The Samsung is no slouch any night either, but its an LCD TV, so blooming will be there, albeit slight.

Viewing angles are also better on OLEDs.

Are you using integrated sound? If so you'd probably want to look at TVs with better built in sound. Sadly LG didn't make a EX OLED, but maybe the E9 still available? Panasonic, Sony and Philips also have OLEDs with upgraded built in sound.

But aside from that I'm not really which out of the CX and Q90T/Q95T will be best suited to you. General rule is to go for the OLED if you prefer a dim/dark viewing and the Samsung if you tend to watch more during the day or with the lights on.

The Samsung is no slouch any night either, but its an LCD TV, so blooming will be there, albeit slight.

Viewing angles are also better on OLEDs.
Dodgexander.. I'm also between oled or samsung q90t or q90r.. I just read a review that the q90t in 55 inch had 96 dimmingzones and the q95t had 120 dimmingzones. !! I thought they had the same number...
As the samsung 55 q90t and the 55 sony XH9505 are now at the same price,.. I thought I should put the samsung first !
I also put the q90t before the q95t because I won't put the tv on the wall.. and it seems handier or more clean on the desk to have al the connections on the tv itself (q90t).. But now I read a revie wwho claimed the 120 and 96 difference !??

Dodgexander.. I'm also between oled or samsung q90t or q90r.. I just read a review that the q90t in 55 inch had 96 dimmingzones and the q95t had 120 dimmingzones. !! I thought they had the same number...
As the samsung 55 q90t and the 55 sony XH9505 are now at the same price,.. I thought I should put the samsung first !
I also put the q90t before the q95t because I won't put the tv on the wall.. and it seems handier or more clean on the desk to have al the connections on the tv itself (q90t).. But now I read a revie wwho claimed the 120 and 96 difference !??
All the info I've seen states the Q95T is the same TV only with the one connect box.

The Q90R is a 2019 model and has better local dimming. The 2020 equivalent to that is more like the Q900T in dimming performance than the Q90T.

Regarding OLED vs LCD TVs, you should decide on that first before comparing technologies, its likely one is more suited to you than another. See: LCD versus OLED

If you value picture quality above else you should first narrow down the display technology before looking at other features.

All the info I've seen states the Q95T is the same TV only with the one connect box.

The Q90R is a 2019 model and has better local dimming. The 2020 equivalent to that is more like the Q900T in dimming performance than the Q90T.

Regarding OLED vs LCD TVs, you should decide on that first before comparing technologies, its likely one is more suited to you than another. See: LCD versus OLED

If you value picture quality above else you should first narrow down the display technology before looking at other features.
I'm sorry, I made a mistake in writing.. I'm between Q90t and Q95T.. Not the q90r.. Stupid mistake..

So, how about the number of dimmingzones between the q90t and q95t.. Like I said a review claimed 96 for the q90t and 120 for the q95t !! I don't care for the one-cable or connect. But the q95t is claiemd by 1 review to have more dimmingzones.. I don't believe it.. But as the price difference is ""only"" 80 euro's now.. 1.379 euro's Q90t and 1.459 euro's for the q95t !!

I always aimed for an oled as it's the best picture.. But I hate the weakness of the thinner screens and the fact that burn-in is a little concern (or more on a period of 10 years)..
I like the philips 855 with the swivel.. And this tv is now 1.600 euro's (55").. The panasonic 1500 hz is 1.839 euro.. and also has a swivel and 80 watt sound.
So and then the samsung q90t is 1379 euro's and the sony xh9505 is 1359 euro's !!

No

But they're not that great. LG and their LCD screen lineup aren't good compared to Samsung and Sony.

Have you experienced any burn it on your current LG as they were far more likely to have the issue than newer models.

Yeah the reason for the replacement is due to screen burn... I mean uneven pixel degradation...!

Bit the bullet and went for the cx... the tv doesn’t go on until 4pm at the earliest now the girls are at school. So most of the viewing will be evening and night time in dimmed lighting...

So, how about the number of dimmingzones between the q90t and q95t.. Like I said a review claimed 96 for the q90t and 120 for the q95t !! I don't care for the one-cable or connect. But the q95t is claiemd by 1 review to have more dimmingzones.. I don't believe it.. But as the price difference is ""only"" 80 euro's now.. 1.379 euro's Q90t and 1.459 euro's for the q95t !!
Please link the evidence if you have any as I'm interested to see, but as I said from all the info I've seen they should have the same dimming zones at the same sizes.
I always aimed for an oled as it's the best picture.. But I hate the weakness of the thinner screens and the fact that burn-in is a little concern (or more on a period of 10 years)..
I like the philips 855 with the swivel.. And this tv is now 1.600 euro's (55").. The panasonic 1500 hz is 1.839 euro.. and also has a swivel and 80 watt sound.
So and then the samsung q90t is 1379 euro's and the sony xh9505 is 1359 euro's !!
You need to decide first on a display technology, otherwise you run around in circles. No use comparing OLED to LCD TVs, they are different beasts and offer different things. Determine first whether you think your usage makes you susceptible to burn in.

I wouldn't consider buying before black friday a 2020 model as prices will go down.
Do the LG Nanocell tvs experience Screen burn???
Every TV can get burn in, even LCD TVs like LGs Nanocell ones. OLEDs are organic though, and will see burn in from the same conditions sooner than an LCD TV. For most people, burn in isn't an issue for either technology, but you must understand with an OLED not to use a lot of content with stationary images or tickers...eg news channels.

Any regrets on the cx?\
i too are torn between these 2, mainly for next gen gaming.
i will be in a dark room so suggests LG, but the screen burn is a paranoi especially gaming on COD/Fifa
and price also helps if both are as good as each other

It was delivered this morning, and still at work...! Will update after the weekend.

The vast majority of OLED owners take no special precautions with static content and never experience burn in, but you have to understand that if you have a lot of static images there is a rare possibility you may experience OLED BURN IN on TVs produced prior to 2018, OLED BURN IN is extremely rare for TVs produced after 2017.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom