HELP - My Facebook opens my messages/chat in new window (strange)

filmofil

Ok, so this is problem

I turned on my pc 1 and pc 2
I have loged my personal acc on fb on computer 1
I open facebook and i have 2 messages, i click to open them but my pc on mozilla says it is pop-up, i allow and suddenly it opens in seperate mozilla window under name www.mesenger.com and im not loged there. I quickly close it. I put mozilla block pop-up on FB but now i can't open messages on my pc. I tried on both computers (desktop) and i have same problem.

On my phone i open my messenger easily, read messages there.

Why is this? Does this means some kind of spyware? I did not click, or instal or anything new/unknown plus i have good spyware defence and virus.
Is this because i have uninstaled flash as recomended, but i did it 2 weeks ago, and problem just happened today
Is this something else you may know something about?

Frurry

Novice Member
doesnt seem to be any kind of virus or malware as happened to me as well, seems like facebook just randomly decided to move messenger to a seperate site address with no warning or notification, no idea why they keep messing things up that work perfectly fine the way they are

one the job

Novice Member
This has happened to me too. Yesterday when I used Facebook on a laptop, messenger opened it a new window when I went to read my messages. Experimenting during the day, I found if I looked at someones profile in the messenger window, it opened a third window to show their profile. also at the end of the session I had to log out of both Facebook and messenger. Only logging out of facebook left it still logged in on messenger. it is a strange one this is only happening to some of us. I use chrome

i am ursa

Same thing... not sure where to look for info! Oh.. also search function is not working to search in chats only in that messenger.com

Last edited:

Cee Kay

Novice Member
unfortunately it has happened to me as well. firefox started first, went to chrome it worked with messenger within facebook until yesterday. today, chrome has followed as well. same account different browsers, they direct you to messenger.com to continue with chat. NOT NICE. it seems to be sluggish and not productive at all, another unnecessary step. it has been almost 24 hours now that I have been trying to solve this via cookies, browser settings. no, facebook decided it is best this way. so nothing wrong from anyone's end.

one the job

Novice Member
To me it seems a backward step. All on one page was so much better. I wonder if it’s a slow roll out to see people’s reaction to it. One thing that can be done is, in messenger report it as a problem, and say it’s useless this way

filmofil

Yeah, i also think this is bad and i hope this will be gone soon, i still can't open my messager on desktop haha, funny and worst thing is, they didnt give me option to decline, it just appeared to my profil like that, it is not nice.

one the job

Novice Member
Not long ago I went into Facebook, while I was there I had a message come through. It showed on the Facebook page just as they used too, as I was typing something on Facebook, I closed the message to read after I’d finished typing. When I was ready to read the message, I clicked on messages, it then opened the new messenger page to read the message. This is a crazy way they have it now

outoftheknow

I thought they had done this with the apps on mobiles ages ago?

On my phone i open my messenger easily, read messages there.

so as this suggests on the phone you open the separate Messenger app.
Must have decided it was a good idea for desktops for some reason.......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom