Help :My 360 not playing discs...

nigel2shady

Just put on my 360 this evening and it wont play discs message comes up saying unplayable disc and makes like a whirring noise,tried all my games and some dvds and still no joy so has to be a problem with the console....Anyone else encounter this problem...
Looks like might have to take it back any advice on what I should do I bought it at Toys R Us just after Christmas and I still have the recipt...

If I take it there what way does it work will I get a replacement on the day or will I have to wait weeks...What a time to happen when I have long wknd off work for Easter...Will it be a problem me not having the box it came in as I think I threw it out but as I said still have recipt...

Please any advice welcome...

Cow Puncher

Just take it back, explain the situation and they should give you a new one with no questions asked. As far as i know if it's within the first six months of purchase it's up to the shop to prove your wrong not you prove that your right.

Good luck.

Smaz.

nigel2shady

Thanks hope you are right any one know wot Toys R Us are like for taking stuff back,i dont have the box it came in will that be a problem,and can anyone explain about the hard drive as it has all my game saves on and rankings on xbox live on R6V

Cow Puncher

I've recently had mine replaced by Game and they told me to bring the console itself, not the box, as thats all they will replace. I had to take cables as well but thats because i had to prove the fault as the console is roughly 9 months old. I had to loose the hard disk as they said they had to change the unit as a whole because it "may" be a problem relating to that.

So i gave them one 360 with one hard disk and they gave me a new unit.

Smaz.

p.s. I bought a memory card to copy game saves but when i looked at the card, after copying them all across, in the new 360 nothing was there. Don't know if i did something wrong or they don't transfer from console to console but beware!

TorX

Standard Member
Unless you can get them to let you keep your hard drive, you will lose all your saves, but iirc your rankings are stored on xbox live so shouldn't be affected. Also anything you have paid for via xbox live you can download again without repaying.

good luck

T

tricky1974

Send it to MS for replacement ,alot of stuff like game content is linked to your console and when I sent my 360 back I only got points back for themes and stuff.Like i bought gamer pic and pitch crests for fifa 07 but with my new console they wouldn't work so had to make a new gamer profile and download again but lost my gamer score any download content is linked to a gamer profile and a console so save games with downloaded content won't work right on your new console.the downloaded content not the game save.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Send it to MS for replacement ,alot of stuff like game content is linked to your console and when I sent my 360 back I only got points back for themes and stuff.Like i bought gamer pic and pitch crests for fifa 07 but with my new console they wouldn't work so had to make a new gamer profile and download again but lost my gamer score any download content is linked to a gamer profile and a console so save games with downloaded content won't work right on your new console.the downloaded content not the game save.

Sending it back to MS could takes weeks though, much better to just take it back where you bought it and walk out that day with a replacement.

As for things like Arcade games that are linked to your console, you can still play them, just make sure you a signed into Live otherwise they will revert to a Trial mode.

nigel2shady

Thanks for all your comments boys,Thank god I kept the recipt lol as i always same to lose them,so plan is will go on Monday and with a bit off luck will get a replacement can live with losing games saves not big problem really...

Just kinda worrying Toys R us will say it is my fault why it broke down..

Cheers again...

Cow Puncher

Thanks for all your comments boys,Thank god I kept the recipt lol as i always same to lose them,so plan is will go on Monday and with a bit off luck will get a replacement can live with losing games saves not big problem really...

Just kinda worrying Toys R us will say it is my fault whey it broke down..

Cheers again...

You should be fine mate. Just go in and explain the problem, i doubt it'll be the first one they've had back. If they start giving you any trouble just start quoting trading standards. You can find good information in Monkey Boy's thread here.

Smaz.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom