Help Mutiple CD copying

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by chimera40, Sep 22, 2007.

1. chimera40

chimera40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simple question but can not seem to find a answer, just bought a Sonos ZP100 bundle system, two units controlers and 2 sets zonos speakers. Now want to get all of my CD collection on to my PC. Rather than spend the next two weeks feeding in disks to my copier I am looking for somthing that will hold a shed load of disks, hook up to my PC, press a button and it will automatically copy them all to disk for me. Surly there must be something out there like this that is not the size of a small house and does not cost the same amount a new porsche.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i dont know, but i'd take a guess that if something like that did exist it would probably cost a few pennies.....it would be set up more for an industry point of view.....most multi-CD players will obviously only output in realtime not as a bitstream.....

also by now if it was something that the industry didnt mind the public having it would currently be labelled as an iRipper and sold in glossy white or black by companies selling other iPod accessories as a tool to get your whole CD collection on to you iPod...lol

still, if it doesnt exist, feel free to take the idea to a company to market it, if it makes you a bundle feel free to send me a pair of Monitor Audio Platinum speakers to say thankyou...heh

3. chimera40

chimera40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might just do that. It can't be that hard. I would have expected it be a feature on somthing like the Sony Sony DVP-CX875P. This thing hold 300 cds or dvd's costs and only costs £300. All they would have to do is put it an output to PC bundle in some bespoke burner software and have a button to press to tranferr to hard drive. Then it could just sit there overnight changing the cd and burning them to harddrive on the PC. You could even have it with it own's built in harddrive that it could copy your collection to.