1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Mpeg Playback Audio Sync Problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MikeTV, Feb 22, 2004.

1. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Foolishly, I installed a codec bundle from the internet, and now when I play my mpg files, the audio is out of sync with the video (the audio appears to be faster than the video). I know my mpg's play fine usually.

I am using Power DVD XP for playback. I have tried uninstalling the various parts of the codec bundle, but it doesn't help. Does anybody know which codec is likely to be causing this? I guess I can reinstall power dvd again, and that might fix it. I appear to have a lot of codecs installed now, but I don' even know whether it's the video or the audio codec that's misbehaving. It's codec hell!

I've had this before after installing some codecs. I don't remember how I fixed it previously - probably uninstalled/reinstalled something.

2. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Are you running XP? if so try a system restore a point before you installed the codecs.
    Tim.

3. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes! Good thinking. Ta.