1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ! MP3 player for jogging with random tracks?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Iam, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble finding an ideal MP3 player. I want something that can keep me supplied with music whilst I'm doing myself an injury on the treadmill at the local gym.

I started off with a 20gb Creative Zen but that's going back to Amazon in the next few days as I've read in it's manual that it shouldn't be used whilst running/jogging. Presumably it's likely to damage the HD/cause it to skip.

So, I took a trip to the local Sony centre & came out with a memory stick 1gb MP3 player, an NWE507. It's lighter, & there's no HD problem ... but I can't find something I enjoyed on the Creative Zen player - a function to have the player randomly choose what tracks to play.

Shop assistant said it would play random tracks ... but I can't find how, there's nothing in the manual, nor can I find any control to do it. I'll be going back to the shop soon, for a refund.

However, the assistant had mentioned that the Sony 20gb HD player has a shock resistingn system & buffer, so can be used whilst jumping about. Does anyone have one of these & know whether or not it has a random play function?

If so, I'll try to return the 1gb NWE207 & upgrade to the 20gb player.

Or, perhaps there's something better out there, meeting my criteria?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones/earphones to use when exercising? I've tried two types of earplugs & they basically don't stay put.

Thanks.

Iam.

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony hd1/3/5 all have random play and a good jog function but i would still recomend getting some sort of solid state player if your planning on it jogging a lot. i think the sony one you had was probably what you wanted tbh it will almost definatly have a treack shuffle function, try taking it down to the sony centre with you and ask em directly, it will save you a lot of time and effort getting something new ;)

3. twynne

twynne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    And for earphones take a look at MDR-EX81SL. I've got the 71SL's (same but for the over-ear bit) and love 'em. Had considered upgrading them for use in the gym as the over-ear bit should (in theory) keep them from pulling off so easily.

Good luck either way. :)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    shufe would be the best bet surely thats what its desinged for