Help moving

piggy p

Standard Member
Hi Folks, probably a completely stupid question here but............

Im moving into a new flat on friday, it has a communial dish, inside the flat are the sockets for tv, and FM (communial) but alas only one satellite "out" i cant opt for a fresh install :mad: so i had to take it on the chin that i can only have one line in, but Sky have advise me that all i need to do is plug the coax in and it will work staight away (albeit 1 feed), is this right? and can i still get HD on the appropriate channels?

thanks everyone :)

Espada

Standard Member
It should work with a but, you will be limited to watching and recording the same channel. So you cannot watch one channel and record another. If you own the flat you might be able to add your own dish (even if they say you can't) especially on the top floor if you have loft space.

piggy p

Standard Member
thanks, yeah i know im limited which is a shame, but can i just take my box and plug it in and watch straight away without any intervention from sky?

Espada

Standard Member
I am 99% sure that is the case, we are just going through the process of moving house and were told we could do just that (if we paid the builders £250 to install the dish and cable up, then pay again to get them to add the extra cable for the + functionality).

piggy p

Standard Member
looks like im going to have to find another solution to record freeview and use the HD box to record everything else if there is a programe clash, as im renting and the landlord has said a definate NO to a new dish!

looks like im going to have to find another solution to record freeview and use the HD box to record everything else if there is a programe clash, as im renting and the landlord has said a definate NO to a new dish!

Have you looked in to using a smart splitter this will enable you to have 4 feeds ion your flat all from the 1 original one
here is is here i have installed quite a few of theese and they work really well, kieran

piggy p

Standard Member
wow thanks!:eek:

so let me get this right......

You can get sky+ benefits from 1 coax feed from the wall with this splitter?

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom