1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, missing colour in one spot...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by j13jjs, Apr 26, 2005.

1. j13jjs

j13jjs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is a first post but please help anyways, I need this projector to be working by Monday the 2nd. I just got this projector second hand, it is a Proxima Desktop Projector 5900, I am assuming it is a CRT and this is the right place, feel free to move if its not. All of the colors are working RGB. Except perfectly in the middle their is a circle where blue does not project, all around the circle it is fine, but anything in that circle will be missing blue. I am not sure what this is whether it is a mirror out of alignment, something on the lense, I don't know, but with the blue working on the outside it dosen't seem to be broken, just out of configuration. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    How big is this cricle.....sounds to me like a scorch on the blue tube (if it's a crt) in which case you need a new tube.

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Dear J13JJS
    Wrong place I'm afraid your projector is an LCD and not a very well one.
    I'm hopeing that unit came cheap.
    You obvoiusly have something in the optical path. because its a circle.
    My guess is that this projector has done a lot of miles and the protective optical filters have not been changed. This has caused the LCD pannel to burn away.
    Most of these projectors have the three LCD pannels mounted in a block that is sealed in place. My guess is this will be expensive

4. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Moved from CRT Projectors forum

5. j13jjs

j13jjs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well this is no good, I did open it last night and noticed three light sources, RGB. The circle is very large almost touches each side. One thing I noticed though, under normal computer use inside the circle is missing blue, but when I played a video on the computer at full screen, inside the circle looked good, and outside looked bad. I would really like to have a projector for Monday, this one was given to me, any tips on buying used or shops to rent them, that kind of thing, by the way I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks