help me with my setup please.

Professor Chaos

A couple of months ago I bought an LCD TV (Model, LCD RZ-32LZ55).

I have a Targa DVD Player (thanks to Aldi for the bargain ;) ).

I also have a Sky+ box.

Now I wish to add some oomph and Dolby and/or DTS to my setup to really enjoy my DVD's and Sky in cinematic sound.

Bear in mind I'm a novice at audio setups so would like some advice on a good setup. I don't really want to go crazy on the amount of money I spend, so have the following in mind:

Logitech X-530 - PC Multimedia Home Theatre Speaker System - only £39 from Amazon, besides I have a set already for the PC, so I can at least 'test' them first on the home cinema before I buy another pair.

Questions:
Will these speakers work ok? I would rather not spend the £100 + on a set of speakers when these are just fine.

Will I need an amp? How do the following from Richer Sounds compare:

Cambridge Audio A1 £79.95

Cambridge Audio A5, £119.95

Denon PMA 255 £119.95

Marantz PM4001 £169.95 - this is the model the 'sales' guy at Richer tried to sell to me when I asked for a recommendation.

Questions: Why would I want to choose one over the other ? Ideally I would want to buy an amp around the £100 mark if its good enough and supports Dolby 5.1 and/or DTS.

Do I need speaker stands?

Any help appreciated. Sorry all the questions are fairly numpty by standards on this forum :lesson:

Please I don't want recommendations costing loads of £££££'s. I would like to work on a tight budget. I am not a huge hi-fi nut but would like to buy something reasonable at the same time to get my £££'s worth out of the TV and DVD I have bought already .

clockworks

Novice Member
Do you already have a stereo?

Your cheapest option is to connect the TV to the aux or line-in sockets on your stereo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom