1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with choosing Home Cinema Systems!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by andekar, Jun 17, 2005.

1. andekar

andekar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a complete Home Cinema system either with DVD or DVD-recorder. Nice sound from "good-looking" speaker package.

What do you recommend?? First of all, a system or components?
    I have been looking at some options:

Systems:
    Denon DHT-500SD
    Panasonic SC-HT520
    Panasonic SC-HT870
    Panasonic SC-HT1500
    Pioneer RCS-9H

Components:
    Receiver:
    Yamaha RX-V650
    Yamaha RX-V557
    Onkyo TX-SR 502
    Pioneer VSX-1014

DVD:
    Samsung DVD-HD945
    Onkyo DV-SP 402
    Pioneer DV-575

DVD Recorder:
    Samsung DVD-HR720

Speaker package:
    Canton Movie CD-1
    KEF KHT-1005
    Infinity TSS-750
    Harman Kardon HKTS11

Please help me in this jungle of products... I'm thinking of a prize range for the whole system of maximum 850£

2. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi,

I wouldnt hold out too much hope of getting any response in this forum it seems awfully quiet compared to others (either that or nobody is willing to help)

:lesson: >>>>[this does not apply to the kind souls who have already given me some valuable advice]<<<< its just more of a general observation rather than a criticism :D

Anyway on to your question! - I am in a similar situation at the moment, looking at the the same sort of budget (preferebly less).

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from all quarters for the Denon 500SD. Allthough if you are considering an All-in-One the Denon 550SD seems rather good if you can find one. RRP is £750 but can be found for about £550-£600. look it up on the Denon site - it has active sub same finish etc but is split into 2 slim seperates with a tone of connections (important to me). The only down side is no HDMI out like the Sammy HD-945 (HD-950 is the new one coming out and is only £140rrp)

I think if you want a decent set up from seperate components like you list, it may be more expensive.

A friend reccomended the following setup to me but I cant justify the cost to the other half :( :

DVD Player = Samsung HD-950 (or 945 i guess) £140
    AV Receiver = Denon AVR-1905 £299 or less
    Speakers = Mordaunt-Short Genie (£730) or for less money the Mordaunt-Short Avant Premier Plus (around £500)

i cant comment too much about the other components as have been looking for myself really. I hope this goes a small way to helping you make a decission.